4 Day Park Start
Duration: 4 Days
Seals, caves, dolphins, rugged coastline, golden sand beaches …they’re out there.
4 Days/3 Nights
Kayak: Onetahuti – Marahau
This is a trip where you get to sit back and really take your time. As the only company specialising in kayak rentals, we provide a comprehensive safety briefing. This covers everything: from packing, kayak technique, weather and planning/modifying the journey, stowage and sea-conditions, map interpretation, to those important emergency procedures. After your safety briefing at our base we take you and your latest design kayak North to Onetahuti beach by water taxi. Using your new skills, and information of 'must see places' from our briefing, make your way south. Heading for Marahau over four wonderful days with the prevailing sea breeze at your back, it's leisurely paced but packed full of wonder.
Recommended campsites: Night 1 Onetahuti. Night 2 Bark Bay or Mosquito Bay. Night 3: Observation Beach or Te Pukatea Bay. Camp passes included in price which we book on your behalf.
- Enjoy the luxury of kayaking one way with the sea breeze.
- Don’t paddle the same coastline twice!
- Explore the Tonga Island Marine Reserve and its surrounds - you can go as far as Shag Harbour.
- Wake up to hear the sea lapping and experience the New Zealand dawn chorus - what a way to start the day!
- Allow time to rest your paddle and explore by foot some of the coastal track.
- Seek out those special spots our knowledgeable guides shared at your briefing.
- Enjoy our purpose built base facilities, which include a hot shower, on your return.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires).