4 Day Awaroa Park Start
Duration: 4 Days
Spend a leisurely 4 days exploring the Abel Tasman
4 Days/3 Nights
Kayak: Awaroa – Marahau
The 4 Day Awaroa Park Start gives experienced paddlers or confident outdoors clients access to the Awaroa lagoon headland area. This section of coastline has previously been restricted to tours with our experienced guides. After taking part in the pre-trip safety briefing you will board the 11.00 am water taxi to Awaroa Beach. From here you have the option of spending your first day in the Awaroa area and exploring up as far as Waiharekeke Beach. Day 2 start paddling back south around the Awaroa Headland checking out the incredible rock formations, drifting into Shag Harbour (tide dependent) before setting up camp for night 2. Continue your exploration south over the next 2 days before arriving at Marahau.
Having 4 days you can really take the time to savour all the Abel Tasman has to offer, with the prevailing sea breeze at your back, it's leisurely paced but packed full of wonder.
Recommended campsites: Night 1 Waiharekeke Beach. Night 2 Mosquito Bay. Night 3: Observation Beach or Te Pukatea Bay. Camp passes included in price which we book on your behalf.
- Enjoy the luxury of kayaking one way with the sea breeze.
- Don’t paddle the same coastline twice!
- Explore the coastline as far as Waiharekeke Beach.
- Explore the Tonga Island Marine Reserve and its surrounds.
- Wake up to hear the sea lapping and experience the New Zealand dawn chorus - what a way to start the day!
- Allow time to rest your paddle and explore by foot some of the coastal track.
- Seek out those special spots our knowledgeable guides shared at your briefing.
- Enjoy our purpose built base facilities, which include a hot shower, on your return.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires). This trip is designed for experienced paddlers or confident outdoors people.