3 Day Awaroa Park Start
Duration: 3 Days
This is the premium Park Start option for clients with previous paddling experience or are competent in the outdoors.Enjoy the luxury of paddling one-way on one of our famous park start trips.
3 Days/2 Nights
Kayak: Awaroa - Marahau
The 3 Day Awaroa Park Start gives experienced paddlers or confident outdoors clients access to the Awaroa lagoon headland area. This section of coastline has previously been restricted to tours with our experienced guides. After taking part in the pre-trip safety briefing you will board the 11.30 am water taxi to Awaroa Beach. From here explore the amazing Awaroa Lagoon (tide dependent) before paddling south around the Awaroa Headland checking out the incredible rock formations, drifting into Shag Harbour (tide dependent) before setting up camp for night 1. Continue your exploration south over the next 2 days before arriving at Marahau.
Recommended campsites: Night 1: Onetahuti or Mosquito Bay. Night 2: Anchorage or Te Pukatea Bay. Camp passes included in price which we book on your behalf.
- Don’t paddle the same coastline twice!
- Explore the Awaroa headland.
- Explore the Tonga Island Marine Reserve and its surrounds.
- Take the time to watch the lagoons change with the tide.
- Allow time to walk some of the side tracks.
- Pull up at campsites that can only be accessed by kayak.
- Cruise past Adele Island on your way back to Marahau.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires). This trip is designed for experienced paddlers or confident outdoors people.