2 Day Kayak & Walk South
Duration: 2 Days
Paddle the calm waters of the Astrolabe before heading around the point to Anchorage where your walk will begin on the following day.
2 Days/1 Night
1 Day Kayak: Marahau – Anchorage/1 Day Walk: Anchorage - Marahau
This trip is recommended for confident outdoors people. Day one is a paddle from Marahau North to Anchorage Bay. The water taxi will collect your kayak from here at the end of day one. You'll spend the night here and on day two enjoy walking the Abel Tasman Great Walk coastal track with beautiful views out over the turquoise waters of the Tasman Bay. For the budget conscious enjoy a walk South back to Marahau. If you are keen to walk North rather than South check out our 2 Day Kayak & Walk North.
Recommended campsite: Anchorage. Camp pass included in price which we book on your behalf.
- Start and finish at Marahau.
- Fully explore the Astrolabe Anchorage area by kayak and foot at your own pace.
- Paddle out to Adele & Fisherman Islands.
- Drift into the Torrent Bay lagoon on a high tide.
- Have your kayak picked up at the end of day one.
- Spend a night at Anchorage.
- Walk the coastal track back to Marahau.
- Take in the picturesque view of Torrent Bay at the top of the climb out of Anchorage.
- Your walk finishes at the end of the causeway in Marahau. The DoC shelter offers the perfect place to contemplate your journey before heading back to our base for a hot shower.
Make your trip easier and book a return bag/pack transfer to/from Anchorage - $20 per bag/pack each way.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires).