Travel north over four magic days under your own steam, before returning via water taxi. Magic!
4 Days/3 Nights
3 Day Kayak: Marahau – Onetahuti/1 Day Walk: Onetahuti – Totaranui.
Take four days to kayak and walk in one direction through to the Northern water taxi point Totaranui. We make this easy for you by picking up your kayak at the end of day three and then meeting you at the end of day four to cruise you back down the coast for a good hot shower to finish your trip. On your journey you get to experience the stunning Astrolabe and Marine Reserve - there is plenty of time to explore these spots plus all the places in between. The Abel Tasman Great Walk coastal track between Onetahuti and Totaranui provides great views of the coast, and the bush ranges from wetlands to lush native forest.
Recommended campsites: Night 1 Observation Beach or Te Pukatea Bay. Night 2 Bark Bay or Mosquito Bay. Night 3 Onetahuti. Camp passes included in price which we book on your behalf.
- Journey North in one direction via kayak and foot.
- Kayak from Marahau to Onetahuti.
- Swap your paddle at Onetahuti for your walking shoes to Totaranui.
- Walk the track between Onetahuti and Totataranui.
- The coastal track provides great photo opportunities to capture the golden sands and turquoise waters of the park.
- Return via water taxi seeing the coastline you just explored from a different perspective.
- Enjoy a hot shower at our purpose built base.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires).Book This Trip Download Itinerary & Map