Kayak North to the Marine Reserve and then experience on foot the 47m swing bridge on the coastal track.
3 Days/2 Night
Kayak: Marahau – Onetahuti/Walk: Onetahuti – Anchorage
This trip will see you kayaking the diverse and stunning coastline between Marahau and Onetahuti beach over two days. We collect your kayak for you on day two and leave you to walk south through what Lonely Planet describes as the most beautiful section of track on the Abel Tasman Great Walk coastal track. At the end of day three we pick you up from Anchorage by water taxi for the final cruise back down the coast to Marahau. For a four day option on this trip, spend another night in Anchorage Bay - check out our 4 Day Kayak & Walk South.
Recommended campsites: Night 1 Observation or Te Pukatea or Anchorage. Night 2 Onetahuti. Camp passes included in price which we book on your behalf.
- Start paddling at Marahau & finish at Onetahuti
- Don’t paddle the same coastline twice!
- 2 days of kayaking allows plenty of time to explore all the way up the Marine Reserve
- Walk the section of the coastal track rated as the best by Lonely Planet
- Walk over the 47m suspension bridge across Falls River
- Choose to stay at the smaller campsites in the park that you can only access from the water
- Enjoy a water taxi ride at the end of your trip back to Marahau
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires)Book This Trip Download Itinerary & Map