Fur seals are found along the coast of the park, particularly on the more remote granite headlands of Tonga Island. Explore this gem first before heading one way down the park.
2 Days/1 Night
Kayak: Onetahuti - Marahau
After a safety briefing in Marahau we'll take you and your kayak on a Water Taxi ride up to your start point, Onetahuti beach. Our safety briefings cover everything you need to know, it's what we specialise in. From here you spend the afternoon of day one and all of day two exploring the coastline with the breeze at your back. This is a cool trip that covers 25km of coastline over 2 days. For the real explorers add on a few more kilometres for those side trips into the lagoons and rivers. It's a really fun 2 days.
Recommended campsite: Bark Bay. Camp pass included in price which we book on your behalf.
- Enjoy the luxury of kayaking one way with the sea breeze.
- Don’t paddle the same coastline twice!
- Explore the Tonga Island Marine Reserve and its surrounds.
- Spend the night at Bark Bay.
- If the tide is right on day two allow time to explore the lagoons and inlets between Bark Bay and Anchorage.
- Cruise past Adele Island on your way back to Marahau.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires).Book This Trip Download Itinerary & Map