Kayak North to the Marine Reserve and then experience on foot the 47m swing bridge on the coastal track.
3 Days/2 Night
Kayak: Marahau – Onetahuti/Walk: Onetahuti – Anchorage
This trip will see you kayaking the diverse and stunning coastline between Marahau and Onetahuti beach over two days. We collect your kayak for you on day two and leave you to walk south through what Lonely Planet describes as the most beautiful section of track in the park. At the end of day three we pick you up from Anchorage by water taxi for the final cruise back down the coast to Marahau. For a four day option on this trip, spend another night in Anchorage Bay - check out our 4 Day Kayak & Walk South.
Camp passes are included in our packaged price. We book these passes on your behalf. Please note if you are a New Zealand resident choose the New Zealand Resident price, if you are an International Visitor choose International Visitor price.
Recommended campsites: Night 1 Observation or Te Pukatea or Anchorage. Night 2 Onetahuti.
- Start paddling at Marahau & finish at Onetahuti
- Don’t paddle the same coastline twice!
- 2 days of kayaking allows plenty of time to explore all the way up the Marine Reserve
- Walk the section of the coastal track rated as the best by Lonely Planet
- Walk over the 47m suspension bridge across Falls River
- Choose to stay at the smaller campsites in the park that you can only access from the water
- Enjoy a water taxi ride at the end of your trip back to Marahau
Hut or Aquapacker accommodation is available for an additional cost, please contact us to arrange.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires)Book This Trip Download Itinerary & Map