Hire a kayak from us for the day and then you plan the rest of your trip.
Kayak: Marahau - Anchorage/Walk: Customise your own walk
This trip is recommended for confident outdoors people, or at least those with good common sense. Hire a kayak from us for a day and then continue on your own for a walk in the Abel Tasman. We prepare you for your day on the water and pick up your kayak at Anchorage so you can continue walking the track. This option allows you to create your own walking itinerary either North or South.
- Start and finish at Marahau.
- Fully explore the Astrolabe area at your own pace.
- Paddle out to Adele & Fisherman Islands and listen to the birdsong.
- Know that choosing this trip means a portion of your trip cost helps protect the birds.
- Drift into caves on a high tide.
- If you're keen hike up to the top of the Watering Cove and take in the spectacular view of the Astrolabe and the Northern part of the park.
- We pick up your kayak at Anchorage at the end of the day.
- Walk on in the park either North or South - you customise your own journey.
Make your first day easier and book a bag/pack transfer to Anchorage for $20 per bag/pack.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires).
Recommended campsite: Anchorage.Book This Trip Download Itinerary & Map