What measures do you have in place for contact tracing?
Under the New Zealand Government’s COVID-19 Alert Level 2, we are required to keep a contact register of customers and contractors. We will capture personal details through our reservation system.
How does it work?
If you are booking online there are some extra fields for you to complete. If you are booking over the phone, via email or in person, our team will record this information in your booking
What is your cancellation policy under Covid-19?
Our standard cancellation policy applies, however if the New Zealand Government moves the alert level to above 2 ; you have been requested to self-isolate/quarantine, you have symptoms of COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test result you will receive a full refund excluding any accommodation costs incurred or you can transfer your trip to another date with no fees applied.
We strongly recommend international customers hold off booking until they are sure they can undertake their travel, please note there is currently a 14 day quarantine period to enter New Zealand and our borders are closed to non-residents. If you are an international customer booking from overseas from July 2020 our standard cancellation policy applies please wait until the borders are reopened before booking.
Are you operating your normal range of trips and services during level 1?
During May to 30 Sept we will be offering our winter products for guided and rental trips and limited taxi services as far as Bark Bay. If you would like to be picked up North of Bark Bay a surcharge will apply. Please give us a call to discuss on 03 527 8022.
The Pie Cart and our showers will be closed until further notice.
What additional measures have you put in place?
On Saturday 21 March Abel Tasman Kayaks felt it was our social responsibility to support the broader societal efforts to slow down the spread of the Corona Virus and closed before the New Zealand Government alert levels were in place. It was the first time in our history we had closed the doors. This decision was deliberate and made from care for members of our communities who are more vulnerable to the grave impacts of this virus, and to keep our customers, staff and extended families safe. The health and safety of people lied at the heart of this decision and we will continue to have that as our guiding principal during the Cov19 situation.
- We encourage you to book online to limit contact with office staff.
- Pay wave installed for those paying in the office.
- Spacing guidelines on the floor for check in to ensure social distancing.
- Setting kayaks out 1 meter apart unless customers are travelling in a bubble group.
- Additional hand sanitiser available in the office and base.
- More frequent cleaning of high touch areas throughout the day.
- More frequent cleaning of toilets throughout the day.
- Allocated toilet blocks, one for staff and the other for clients.
- Kayaks and gear will be cycled over 4 day periods. When kayaks and gear are returned they will be thoroughly cleaned in disinfectant and left to dry and sit for 4 days before being in the pool of equipment.
- A maximum of 4 persons in the tractor transporters.
- A Maximum of 4 People in vans.
- A maximum of 10 people in the bus.
- All vehicles will be thoroughly disinfected after each use.
- Customers travelling by water taxi shall be seated alone with 1m between spaced between each person. A maximum of 10 people in the taxi at any given time.
- All vehicles will be thoroughly disinfected after each use
- Staff will not come to work if they have been requested to self-isolate/quarantine, or have symptoms of COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- In the event that a positive test returns by anyone who has been in contact with us (staff or customers), we will immediately follow process in containing via shutdown, alerting authorities and producing the contact information required to the Nelson Marlborough District Health Board.
We will continue to keep up to date with information from the Ministry of Health www.health.govt.nz guidelines and adjust as and when required.